Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Confidence in Him

After God promised Abraham "I will make you a great nation"(Gen. 12:2) Twenty five years clasped before the birth of his on Isaac (21:5) During that period, Abraham questioned God about his lack of a child (15:2) and even resorted to fathering a son through his wife's hand maiden (16:15)
Yet through the ups and downs, God kept reminding Abraham of his promise to give him a child, while urging him to walk faithfully with Him and believed(17:1-2)

When we claim one of God's promises in the Bible, whether it is peace of mind, courage, or provision, we place ourselves in His hands and on His schedule.


"Confidence must be in our hearts and the timing in His hands"

2 comments:

  1. So true... it is all in God's timing...

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's what gets me in trouble so often. I get impatient, move out of God's time into Phil's time and really mess things up! Why oh why do I lose my confidence in Him when I know good and well that He knows best?

    Thanks for the encouraging and timely reminder Bryan.

    Phil

    ReplyDelete